Thursday 5 May 2016

Gingham Gift Card Holder

My previous post was a gift card holder. That impressed me as being a handy thing to keep on hand. So - here's another version, in gingham.
I saw that gingham is having a fashion moment this season, same as bandanas. 

As a bonus, I've given you a woven star swirl decoration to use as a seal or purely as an embellishment. The bargello-type zigzag design on the folder front was something I cooked up because I was thinking how very much I want to see the Missoni exhibition at the Fashion and Textile Museum in London. 

Here are your free designs:
GinghamGiftCardHolder1of2.pdf 
GinghamGiftCardHolder2of2.pdf 

GinghamGiftCardHolder.studio3 
Gingham Gift Card Holder

To make

1 Cut out the templates. Score and fold the folds. Carefully cut the U-shaped tabs with a craft knife over a self-healing mat. 

2 Stick the holder inside the cover. Insert your gift card and the enclosure card. 

3 To make the star swirl: fold each arm at the base, then fold them consecutively, tucking ends under as required. 

The Gift Card enclosure is for a D-I-Y gift card - a thoughtful budget gift. Write something along the lines of, "This card entitles the recipient to.... one month of not having to load the dishwasher". Or, whatever.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment